Cyber Security Experts Association of Nigeria (CSEAN) is a STOP.THINK. CONNECT. Partner. STOP. THINK. CONNECT is a global cybersecurity awareness campaign to help all digital citizens stay safer and more secure online.The campaign’s three easy, actionable steps: STOP. THINK. CONNECT. are easy to understand and apply. STOP. THINK. CONNECT. also advises all Internet users to take security measures, understand the consequences of their behaviour and actions and enjoy the benefits of the Internet.
CSEAN partners STOP.THINK.CONNECT’s program to help promote messages about the importance of online safety in Nigeria.
The campaign’s Partner Program aims to address the worldwide problems of online security and cybercrime by harmonizing messaging across the globe. STOP. THINK. CONNECT. partners gain exclusive access to content, templates and other resources to make it easy for them to co-brand with the campaign. STOP. THINK. CONNECT. was created by an unprecedented coalition of private companies, non-profits and government organizations with leadership provided by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG).
What is STOP. THINK. CONNECT ?
When you cross the street, you look both ways to make sure it’s safe. Staying safe on the Internet is similar. It takes some common sense steps.
STOP: Before you use the Internet, take time to understand the risks and learn how to spot potential problems.
THINK: Take a moment to be certain the path ahead is clear. Watch for warning signs and consider how your actions online could impact your safety, or your family’s.
CONNECT: Enjoy the Internet with greater confidence, knowing you’ve taken the right steps to safeguard yourself and your computer.
Protect yourself and help keep the web a safer place for everyone.
About STOP. THINK. CONNECT
STOP. THINK. CONNECT. is the first-ever coordinated message to help all digital citizens stay safer and more secure online. The message was created by an unprecedented coalition of private companies, nonprofits and government organizations.
Cyber Security Experts Association of Nigeria as a Partner of Stop.Think.Conncet. will encourage Nigerians to be more vigilant about practicing safe, online habits; ensure that Internet safety is perceived as a shared responsibility at home, in the workplace, and throughout our communities; and transform the way the public and private sectors, local, state and the federal government collaborate to make cybersecurity a reality.
Our goal is to help Nigerians understand not only the risks that come with using the Internet, but also the importance of practicing safe online behaviour.
We aim to:
- Increase and reinforce awareness of cybersecurity, including associated risks and threats, and provide solutions for increasing cybersecurity.
- Communicate approaches and strategies for the public to keep themselves, their families and their communities safer online.
- Shift perception of cybersecurity among the Nigerian public from avoidance of the unknown to acknowledgement of shared responsibility.
- Engage the Nigerian public, the private sector, and state and local governments in our nation’s effort to improve cybersecurity.
- Increase the number of national stakeholders and community-based organizations engaged in educating the public about cybersecurity and what Nigerians can do to protect themselves online.
- Grassroots online safety awareness campaign in secondary schools and tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- Collaborate with businesses and government establishments in entrenching information security culture within organisation by way of awareness and education.
© STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Messaging Convention Inc. Used under license.
All rights reserved. 2010 STOP. THINK. CONNECT. is a trademark of the Messaging Convention and may only be used in accordance with the license provided at www.stopthinkconnect.org